One of the ways in which GRCC partners with 4-year institutions is through Program Agreements which outline the course requirements for transfer to a program at the 4-year institution. These programs are financial aid eligible and result in an Associate Degree from GRCC. Program agreements are developed at the department level following the establishment of an Institutional Agreement.
- Pre-Biological Laboratory Science, A.A. (3+1, Davenport University)
- Pre-Accounting, A.B. (3+1, Davenport University)
- Pre-Business, A.B. (3+1, Davenport University)
- Pre-Management, A.B. (3+1, Davenport University)
- Pre-Marketing, A.B. (3+1, Davenport University)
Ferris State University
- Architectural Technology, A.A.A.S (Ferris State University-Facility Management)
- Architectural Technology, A.A.A.S. (Ferris State University-Construction Management)
- Pre-Early Childhood Education, A.A. (Ferris State University)
- Pre-Elementary Education, A.A. (Ferris State University)
- Pre-Hospitality Management (Specialized Management), A.A. (Ferris State University)
- Pre-Manufacturing Engineering Technology, A.A. (Ferris State University)
- Pre-Music and Entertainment Business, A.A. (3 + 1, Ferris State University)
- Plastics-Polymer Engineering Technology, A.A.A.S (Ferris State University-Manufacturing Engineering Technology)
- Plastics-Polymer Engineering Technology, A.A.A.S (Ferris State University-Plastics Engineering Technology)
Grand Valley State University
Lawrence Technological University
Western Michigan University
- Child Development, A.A.A.S. (Western Michigan University - Family Science and Human Development)
- Pre-Business Administration, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Engineering Design Technology, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Engineering Management Technology, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Western Michigan University - Applied Exercise Science)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Western Michigan University - Clinical Exercise Science)
- Pre-Industrial & Entrepreneurial Engineering, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Manufacturing Engineering Technology, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Music, A.M. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Public Health, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Recreation/Sport Management, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
“3+1” is a term GRCC uses to describe a program in which students may complete at least 67% of the four-year institution’s bachelor degree requirements at GRCC, earn an associate’s degree at GRCC, and then transfer to the 4-year institution to complete the remaining bachelor degree requirements. The actual number of years a student spends at an institution is dependent on many factors (student enrollment status, course offerings, etcetera).
Other Transfer Opportunities
GRCC has established other transfer opportunities with institutions that offer you additional options to explore:
- Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine has partnered with GRCC to provide an “enhanced opportunity” for medical school admission. Students who transfer as undergraduate premedical students to Michigan State University will have an opportunity to be granted an early assurance of admission to the MSU College of Human Medicine. Please consult MSU’s Early Assurance Opportunity for additional information.
- Ferris State University’s Doctor of Pharmacy Program guarantees five seats each year for Grand Rapids Community College students. The memorandum of understanding allows students to get all of their prerequisite classes for the Ferris program at GRCC. Please consult Ferris State University’s College of Pharmacy for additional information.
- University of Michigan Transfer Bridges program presents an opportunity for GRCC students who are interested in transferring to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts at U-M. Through this unique program, U-M professionals will keep students current with the most updated information to help them successfully prepare and submit transfer applications.
Baker College and GRCC agree that students who choose to transfer to Baker should be provided with a smooth curriculum transition minimizing loss of credit and duplication of coursework. Please consult Baker College for additional information and Transfer Guides showing GRCC associate degree pathways to Baker bachelor degrees.
Kuyper College and GRCC agree to facilitate a smooth curricular transition that minimizes loss of credits. Once transferred to Kuyper College, students will be able to take all of their classes toward the Bachelor of Science in Business Leadership at Kuyper’s urban location at the Center for Community Transformation (1530 Madison Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507), and will be eligible to participate in the KuyperWorks program.
It’s always important to research and utilize all transfer resources available to maximize the number of GRCC courses that transfer and apply to their 4-year program. Because transferability of courses varies by institution, students should contact the 4-year institution they plan to attend to obtain detailed information about transfer requirements. GRCC advisors and faculty are available to help students navigate transfer resources and create an individualized transfer plan, including selection of courses, which meets all GRCC and transfer institution requirements.
To learn more about additonal options for transfer, please visit GRCC’s Transfer Out page.