Open Elective Courses
In addition to the above coursework, you will need to take other GRCC courses to complete your degree. For maximum transferability, all courses should be selected based on your Grand Valley State University requirements. The number of elective credit hours that you will need to complete this Articulated Pre-Major will depend on the number of credit hours that remain in order for you to reach the 60 credits needed to graduate. For assistance, please see a GRCC advisor or faculty member.
Admission to Grand Valley State University requires a 2.50 cumulative transfer grade point average.
EN 102 – English Composition II – must be graded at a “C” or above to receive specific WRT 150 credit in transfer.
Students should consider adding an optional minor, such as Business or Hospitality and Tourism Management, depending on academic and career goals.
All Issues courses must be taken at GVSU.
Additional advising notes provided on the full curriculum guide for the Sport Management major.
It is recommended that students meet with an advisor to review the degree, course schedule, and have any questions answered prior to completing the GRCC/GVSU articulated program.
It is the responsibility of the students to confirm transferability of courses with the receiving institution.
Bachelor’s Degree Requirements at GVSU
The following requirements apply to all undergraduate degree-seeking students:
1. A minimum of 120 semester hours.
2. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 GPA.
3. Graduation major GPA of at least 2.00.
4. General education requirements.
5. Capstone course is SPM 495.
6. The last 30 semester hours toward a baccalaureate degree must be earned in Grand Valley courses.
7. A minimum of 58 semester hours must be earned at a senior (4 yr) institution.
8. A minimum of 12 Grand Valley earned semester hours must be included in the major.
It is recommended that students meet with an advisor to review the requirements, and advising notes for this articulated program and have any questions about transfer answered prior to completing this degree program at GRCC.