Feb 28, 2024
Suggested GRCC Program:
Associate in Arts and Sciences
Associate in Arts (MACRAO Agreement)
GRCC’s Engineering Pathway program provides a strong background in mathematics, science, and computer technology. This background will prepare students to successfully continue their education at a four-year institution and work toward their area of specialization.
Some of the four-year institutions where GRCC engineering transfer students have been very successful include:
- Calvin College
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Kettering University (GMI)
- Lake Superior State University
- Lawrence Technological University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Oakland University n Saginaw Valley State University
- University of Detroit Mercy n University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
Sample Schedule for Pre-Engineering Students at GRCC:
The sample schedule is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program in engineering, including the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Michigan Technological University, Grand Valley State University, Western Michigan University, and others. Various disciplines, colleges and universities may have additional requirements for application to the Engineering department. In some cases, it may be to the student’s advantage to transfer prior to obtaining an associate’s degree. It is critical that you contact any engineering program that you wish to attend and request information about their department and general admission requirements.
Total Credits: 62
* Students seeking an AA or AS degree should select Social Science and Humanities courses to meet graduation requirements. Check with transfer institutions for transferability of specific courses. Consider computer application courses required/recommended by transfer institutions for elective hours that are not used to meet graduation and/or the MACRAO agreement requirements.
† Check transfer institutions for requirements.
The Transfer Guide for many bachelor’s degree majors offered at Michigan colleges and universities is available at the Counseling and Career Center and online at www.grcc.edu.