The Health and Exercise Sciences Pathway is an option for energetic students who have good interpersonal skills, enjoy science, and care about the well-being of others. Academic programs in this pathway can lead to professions like occupational therapy assistant, nurse, dental hygienist or assistant, and radiologic technologist as well as provide preparation for transfer into programs related to exercise science and health professions such as physician assistant and occupational and physical therapist. Students interested in Medical, Dental, Veterinary, or Pharmacy School should select the Math, Science, and Engineering Pathway.
The Pathway Programs are designed to help students who are deciding on their academic and career goals to identify an area of interest.
Career programs are designed to prepare students for employment or advancement in a specific career field.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Transfer Programs are designed to prepare students to transfer to a college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Aquinas College)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (General Transfer)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Grand Valley State University - Clinical Exercise Science)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Grand Valley State University - Health Fitness Instruction)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Western Michigan University - Applied Exercise Science)
- Pre-Exercise Science, A.A. (Western Michigan University - Clinical Exercise Science)
- Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Public Health, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
- Pre-Sport Management, A.A. (Grand Valley State University)
- Pre-Recreation/Sport Management, A.A. (Western Michigan University)
Need Help Selecting a Career?
Below are two options which can assist with identifing careers and what programs GRCC has to align with these careers:
FOCUS 2 is an online tool that will help you to identify careers based on your personal strengths and interests, as well as additional online career exploration resources.